Gathering after a Memorial Service
Where to Gather
People may have travelled some distance to attend a memorials service, so it is usual to serve refreshments afterwards.
Depending on your choice of location for the memorial service, it may be that refreshments can be served there. Otherwise, it is best to choose a place or venue that is not too far for people to travel to. A post-service gathering tends to have a more relaxed atmosphere where people can share stories, laugh, and remember and celebrate the life of the person who has died.
Suitable places might be:
- the location of the memorial service
- at home or the home of a close family or friend (with a marquee if necessary)
- in a favourite, local pub or hotel
- in a village hall or community centre
- a private club or local sports centre
- in a place that meant something special to the deceased