Will It Be a Religious or Faith-based Service?
If you would like a traditional religious funeral, a vicar, priest or other religious leader can officiate (lead the service). Contact the place of worship of the person who has died to discuss the options.
Religious ceremonies often have long-held traditions and rituals that dictate the content and type of service.
If you would like to find out more about different types of religious funeral ceremonies, please go to Religious Funerals.
Information for the Person Leading the Ceremony
At this stage, it may also be worth thinking about information that the person leading the ceremony might need. They will want to accurately capture the essence and uniqueness of your loved one, so have a think about the following:
- their personality and character
- their values and the way they lived their life
- any funny quirks or amusing stories
- what they were passionate about or favourite hobbies
- anywhere they lived and loved
- favourite songs or poems
- where they were at school or college
- any notable achievements or challenges overcome
- family members and close friends